Thursday, July 17, 2008

A little too much help...

Yesterday Kaden was downstairs playing with his trains and watching Thomas while I was upstairs baking some cookies. Makayla went downstairs and a few seconds later I hear her yelling for me, "Grandma, hurry! Kaden is doing something really bad!" I dropped what I was doing and ran downstairs. Kaden was standing next to the fireplace with the ash shovel in his hands and the door to the fireplace open. He was taking the ashes out of the fireplace and scattering them on the floor all over. It was a huge mess! I couldn't even speak. I just took the shovel out of his hand and picked him up. He was covered with ashes himself. He started to cry. I sat him on the couch and began cleaning up the mess. I think I clogged up my vacuum with all the ashes. I wish I would have taken a picture of the mess and of Kaden but I was in shock! He's such a sweet little boy and really does like to help when he can. But help like that I can do without!

No comments: